New users start here

A place to start for new users
jmurray2112
Site Admin

New users start here

Postby jmurray2112 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:13 pm

Newly registered, but find you can't post? There's a reason for that. In order to keep spambots from filling the forums with all manner of ad links, from "canadian pharmacy" to "russian love dolls" and beyond, new sign ups need to be activated by an admin (currently, me) to change your user permissions. I log on each night and check my notifications, which will alert me to your registration. If you PM me through the board with a short sentence like "Hi, my name is " ", and my interest is " " (something a human would write), I'll flip the switch for you so you can use the board. If you want to alert me sooner, email me through the board with the same. I check my email all the time during the day.
Sorry for the extra step, but it is A LOT of work to deal with the link farmers and spambots if I don't.
There are a few more formatting issues with the rebuild of the forum, but they should be ironed out shortly, and I will be adding content back in as fast as I can find it on my hard drive, or reconstruct from memory. Thanks for stopping by.
Jason

Stuart

Re: New users start here

Postby Stuart » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:48 am

Hi my name is Stuart and I just registered. You wrote to say to pm you so I have.
Cheers
Stuart

GenoVia

Postby GenoVia » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:49 am

Hi, my name is Geno, and I'm interested in learning more about old leather restoration as well as techniques for creative topcoats to use in my leather backpack designs. Thanks for screening those bots, that's usually why I avoid forums in the first place.

jmurray2112
Site Admin

Postby jmurray2112 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:00 pm

Welcome, Geno.
If you have any specific technical questions, please post them in Technical Discussion section of the forum. We'll try to get them answered!
Thanks for joining!
Jason